How to apply for a grant
The Li Tim Oi Foundation will consider female applicants who fulfil the following criteria:
- We only make grants to Christian women in the Majority World, also known as the Two Third’s World.
- Grants are only made to women who are members of an Anglican Church, or of a church in communion with the worldwide Anglican Church.
- We usually only make grants to women being trained for positions of leadership and influence for which their diocese or other place of work will employ them. In the case of a woman being trained for a job in a diocese, we request confirmation from the Bishop that the woman will be paid.
- Our grants are for vocational training. Occasionally, we do consider giving grants for further academic training if it will enhance the woman’s leadership status.
- We do not normally make a grant for a course that is already started. Please remember that applying for a grant is no assurance of being given a grant.
- Having agreed an initial grant, and subject to satisfactory progress reports, we make repeat grants on an annual basis for the remainder of the course.
- The amount of our normal grant is for up to £1,200 a year. The grant is paid direct to the training institution. We need to be sure, before agreeing a grant, that a student can find funding for the rest of the total cost of the course, if our grant does not cover it.
- We give grants for students to attend an institution within their own geographical context. In exceptional circumstances, we will consider giving a grant to a woman for study abroad.
- If the application is for a position not within a diocese, but, for example, within an educational institution, local authority or other organisation, then we request the signature of the person who intends to employ the woman after the course is completed. We refer to this person as the ‘Sponsor’.
Instructions for filling in an Application Form on-line:
If you intend to apply for a grant from the Li Tim-Oi Foundation (LTOF) you are required to fill in an Application Form. We prefer if you complete your Application Form on-line and send it to the Bishop/Sponsor electronically, who then will need to send it to the LTOF Executive Secretary.
- Before starting to fill in the Application Form, you will need to create a private electronic space in which your Application Form and your answers will be stored in a secure file (to which only you will have access), until it is completed to your satisfaction. Your answers will be saved automatically as you enter them on the Application Form.
- When setting up the secure file, you will be asked to create a username and password. You must make a note of your username and password, because the information placed in the secure file will be accessible only to you.
- This facility will enable you to work on the Application Form and edit your responses over time. If you wish, you could print out the Application Form at different stages as you work on it.
- First, you will need to complete Part 1 of the Application Form. When you are finished with Part 1, you should click on the button at the bottom of the form (the <submit> button), which will automatically send the entire Application Form as an email to the Bishop’s/Sponsor’s email inbox. The email will explain why the Bishop/Sponsor has received the email and request him/her to complete Part 2 of the Application Form, which will be included in the email.
- You must include the name and email address of the Bishop/Sponsor in Part 1 of the Application Form, so that when you submit the form, the entire Application Form containing both your questions and answers along with the section to be completed by the Bishop/Sponsor, will be forwarded automatically to the Bishop/Sponsor.
- When the Bishop/Sponsor has filled in part 2 of the Application Form he/she must send the competed form by email to Stephanie Lewis-Grey, the Executive Secretary of the Li Tim Oi Foundation. Her email is Admin@LTOF.org.uk.
- If you have any questions about filling in the Application Form, please email the Executive Secretary who will be able to advise you.
To save the form, please login:
Not a member yet? Register now: